As part of our value addition for the Award Program nominations, we offer ecommerce platform for nominees books. In as much as only 10 people will be listed as winners, we want to ensure every person submitting benefits from belonging in the Award Program. Giving all authors visibility is at the core of the Award Program. Here’s how…
These are the terms and conditions:
1. Your book has to be already published and in print format.
2. If you have not printed, through CLC Kenya, you can access Print On Demand (POD) services. Find out more about POD and the cost calculator here Publishing Ministry @CLC Kenya
3. You can set up at ACABA website at 20% of the RRP. If you have not professionally set the price for your book, reach out for our help in this.
Example: If your book is at RRP Kes 1,000 you would receive Kes 800 from ACABA.
4a. You can set up at CLC Kenya’s website at 40% of the RRP and appoint CLC Kenya as a super-host to represent you in all ecommerce platforms including Amazon, Jumia and other ecommerce platforms as well as brick and mortar bookshops.
b. Why 40% to CLC Kenya? CLC Kenya extends 20-35% to other booksellers/ecommerce platforms and retains 5-20% for administrative fees.
Example: If your book is at RRP Kes 1,000 you would receive Kes 600 from ACABA.
5. You can appoint ACABA through CLC Kenya to sell your rights to international publishers through Evolge and at Frankfurt Rights Fair in the USA.
6. You can set up your book for e-book distribution directly with our partners Books For My Soul or through CLC Kenya super-host. Ebooks are priced at 70% off the RRP as there is no printing cost involved.
Example: If your book is at RRP Kes 1,000 the price for an ebook would be Kes 700. However, you also compare with the cost of other ebooks selling on that platform so that your price remains competitive.
BENEFITS TO YOU, THE AUTHOR AND YOUR BOOK(S)?
1. Setting up in different ecommerce platforms give your book visibility
2. Having a super-host helps you to focus on your career and personal development as we handle logistics for your book project
3. Selling alongside fellow African Christian authors contributes to building a force and movement that advocates for readership of local books as opposed to imported books.
HOW DO I KNOW KNOW HOW MY BOOKS ARE SELLING?
You will receive an author’s sales dashboard on ACABA where you can login and view the progress of your book sales.
WHEN DO I GET PAID?
The books are on consignment stock ie sale on return so you get paid once the books are sold.
If CLC Kenya is your super-host, we shall reconcile the payments from all the platforms and bookshops, receive the payments for you and send you one final payment by 15th of the following month.
DO YOU MARKET MY BOOKS FOR ME?
Yes we continually market your book through the structured marketing strategies in place for ACABA and CLC Kenya. However, the larger burden to market the book remains with you. From our experience, the book does not work if the author does not work and readers buy the author before they buy the book.
If you are struggling with a marketing strategy and would like us to hold you accountable, please reach out and we shall work with you. Your book project’s success is the fulfillment of our mission and mandate.
I AM INTERESTED, HOW DO I PROCEED?
If agreeable, please fill the form below and you can deliver 10 copies to ACABA/CLC Kenya. The contract will be effected immediately.
Upon submission to the Award Program, your book & author profiles will be added to our Authors Directory and showcased to readers & book industry partners.
Submit Your Book To The Award Program
Once you submit your book at African Christian Authors Book Award (ACABA), you get a chance to attract hundreds of readers and partners from around the world including publishers, book program developers, book agencies, booksellers and other stakeholders in the book industry.