Celebrating Christian authorship in East Africa
The expertise we rely on...
A graduate of st. Pauls University Limuru where did a master in Theology specializing ln counseling, Mr. Mathai is a trained high school teacher teaching business studies and geography.
He is also an alcohol and drug addiction professional counselor, and an accredited mediator attached to Embu and Siakago Law courts.
He is the current principal and CEO of Presbyterian Teachers and Technical College-Rubate Chuka ln Tharaka Nithi County.
Mr. Mathai is married and blessed with two children.
During his down time, he listens to gospel music, watch animal documentaries, work with addicts and work on his tree nursery.
He is currently reading Biblical Christianity in African perspective by Wilbur O’Donovan as he works on his third book. Together with his wife they’ve authored “The Enemy Within” and “The Peculiar Family”.
Mrs. Fridah K. Nambaka
She is a panelist on three television shows on NTV and Family TV on family programs.
A wife, mother and grandmother, Mrs. Nambaka is also a consultant on premarital and marriage programs.
During her down time, Mrs.Nambaka loves cooking, reading and dancing.
Her favourite African Author is Oscar Amisi- Generation Y and she is currently reading Forgiveness by Rev. Kenneth Oyola.
He has over 16 years of successful experience in Rights Sales & Management, Contract Management, Publisher Relations, Strategic Relationship Growth within the Christian/Religious market.
He has served numerous publishers including Olive Tree Bible Software, World Bible Translation Center, Kregel, NCCC, Digital Bible Society, among others to enhance and improve their sub-rights operation while building their business one relationship at a time.
1. Is the audience clearly defined from the title, presentation and content of the book?
2. Does the format of the book complement the purpose of the work? Does the book have features such as an index, bibliography, etc.? Are they effective and useful?
3. Do additional materials (video, etc.) come with the book? Do they enhance the purpose and overall impact of the work?
Content (20 points) 4. Is the title a good match for the text?
5. Is the content inspirational and/or motivational?
6. Is the content, perspective, depth of treatment, and reading level consistent with the purpose of and audience for the book?
7. Is this approach age-friendly tone? Is the information reliable, accurate and appropriate to the audience? Is the content well-developed and organized logically? Are the main points memorable, and presented in a clear, straightforward, logical and engaging manner?
8. If applicable, is there adequate evidence to support the main points?
Writing Style / Mechanics (12 points) 9. Does the style of writing make it accessible to the intended audience?
10. Are there errors in spelling, grammar, paragraphing, and punctuation?
11. Are the word choices correct and engaging? i.e Does the quality of the author’s prose (syntax, word choice, rhythm, etc.) enhance the content?
Author (16 points)
13. Is the author able to communicate to the target audience through their words?
14. Does the author closely tie the content to Scripture (whether quoted or not) and present the values of a Christian worldview?
15. Does the life of the subject model what it means to live as a Christian with all the attendant complexities, challenges, and hope?
Design / Format (20 points) 16. Does the cover engage the audience?
17. Do the layout, internal design, colour and text size enhance the reading experience? Does the format of the book facilitate the purpose of the book?
18. Is the depth and breadth of the information in the book communicated in the table of contents (if applicable)?
19. Where applicable, does the presentation in charts, graphs, etc. make the information as accessible as possible?
20. If additional materials (video, workbook, etc) accompany the book, do they enhance the purpose of the work?
Impact (20 points)
22. Is the presentation fresh and compelling in nature?
23. Does it have the potential to significantly influence the Christian community or significantly substantiate information already available?
24. Does the book have the potential to make an impact on the worldview or lifestyle of the audience?
25. Does the work add new information or a new perspective to Christian ministry?
*There are 4 points per question on a scale of 0.5 increment i.e for question 1, these marks can be awarded 0 (minimum) or 0.5 or 1 or 1.5 or 2 or 2.5 or 3 or 3.5 or 4 (maximum).